Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Todays appointments

AHH I don't even know where to start. I got good news and bad news today.

First this morning I had my cd11 ultrasound to check for follicles. This is the part where to good news comes in. I had two on my RIGHT ovary (the good side lol). One was 13mm and one was 18mm. The 18mm is perfect size for cd11 and it will probably be the one to ovulate. I will do my trigger shot on Thursday and IUI #3 on Saturday.

But my left side is another story. In the US she saw some small follicles on that side. And then there was a large area that she couldnt tell exactly what it was. Could be endometrioma (endometriosis growing in/on the ovary) or hydrosalpinx (fluid filled fallopian tube).

Next I had to meet my dr over at the hospital in the radiology department for my HSG (hysterosalpinogram). THIS IS ONE OF THE MOST PAINFUL THINGS I HAVE EVER HAD DONE!! I had to lay on a table while she injected contrast dye into my uterus. We get to watch the dye flow thru my uterus and tubes on a continuous xray. (which was pretty cool!) The pain started when the dye was flowing through and felt like super intense cramps, like the ones that sent me to the ER twice. The procedure was over in a few minutes, but felt like a year! haha Afterwards we went thru the pictures. My left tube is blocked and there is some sort of "pocket" on that side. We are just going to watch it and see if it goes away.

Now that hydrosalpinx is not just bad because the tube is blocked, but it can drain fluid back into the uterus, which can keep you from getting pregnant. So.......... next month she is going to put a plug at the end of the tube to keep that from happening.. Yep thats right, another procedure. But will increase my chances by like double.

So basically half of me is kinda working. I guess I have to be greatful of that. Im going to beat this!

No comments:

Post a Comment